Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sad Day

And with a heavy heart I bear the news that has hit our community today.

With a new owner, suspiciously Connie’s last two days working at the hen are tonight / tomorrow. She will no longer work there after Wed. The 30th of April. In an email she wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Connie *********
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2008 2:49 AM
Subject: say goodbye to Connie

Connie Is Moving On'

TO ALL MY SPECIAL RED HEN FRIENDS & CUSTOMERS & BAND MEMBERS & CO-WORKERS
AND ESPECIALLY MY KARAOKE "KIDS”!

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY - April 29th & 30th

WILL BE MY LAST TWO NIGHTS AT THE LITTLE RED HEN

I am saddened beyond words to be leaving,
but,

I would be honored to have the chance to say farewell to you if you
are able to stop in

sure will miss being at the Red Hen for all the fun and frivolity and
great music
it's like being at a party every day

Thank You One And All For All The Experiences

Connie

There will be an official "going away" party on Friday Night May 16th
@ The Little Red Hen Of Course



Boo!

After some investigation by Chris it is found that her Daughter is not very happy about it. Meaning, she was more than likely let go. If this is the case, the “home base” is Home base no longer. *she was let go* this will no longer be Home Base. And besides to see Knut Bell I will probably never set foot in that bar unless Connie is serving me.

Connie you will be missed by us all... you are wonderful. I even said so in a previous blog!






More to come… once Connie emails us

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really hope that the new owner is going to be in the bar on Wednesday. I am showing up only to let him know that he will never get another one of my dollars for the way he let Connie go. Connie, who has been at the Red Hen for the last 17 years is a huge part of the tradition and the novelty that the Red Hen represents. I have been going to this bar since 2003 and over that time I have preached that bar as the most fun place to hang out on a Wednesday. This new owner is going to ruin the only country bar that is still in Seattle. To him, I would like to offer a big, "Fuck you! I hope you go broke!"

--Chris

Unknown said...

We need to hit this tunic-wearing pansy (new owner) where it hurts...in the wallet. I also have been a regular since college, and think we need to pull up the stakes and take our good times elsewhere.

I echo Chris' "F YOU" sentiment to the new owner,

-Jake

scappello said...

Guys give the new owner a break. He just wants to get rid of the Red Hen tradition and all of the customers so he can have a gentleman's club for grown men who look like David Archuleta. Go crazy on the karaoke equipment queer!

I am a more recent customer of the Red Hen and keep going because of the environment created by Connie. Unfortunately I am not one that looks like David Archuleta. So I will not be able to attend the Red Hen anymore after Connie is gone. Ditto on Chris.

-Sean