Sunday, March 30, 2008

So, Boo on me. I didn’t attend the Buckaroo Blues show.
My buddy Chris went and he seemed to have a great time. I was stuck at the Birthday party for far too long to make it before last call. He might have had such a great time because it was Connie’s birthday. I will never know, but I will be sure to check them out soon.
The next band at home base is Ruby Dee and the Snakehandlers (http://www.rubydeemusic.com/bio/index.shtml). I am not really excited about this band, but who knows. I generally don’t like woman country singers. I am not a fan of Faith, or Shania. I saw Brad Paisley open for Reba in Vegas, but didn’t stay for the headliner. I’m not really a chauvinist, I just really haven’t been able to relate and enjoy woman country music. The few girl bands that I have enjoyed are Gretchen Wilson, Deanna Carter, and Miranda Lambert. In light of me not being excited I am a bit intrigued because as I surfed their website, I downloaded some clips of their new CD. It is a band that doesn’t sound too upbeat. Their music seems like typical Honky-tonk, I just have this feeling that they are a band of high energy, and I have a feeling they are going to bring the thunder.

I know this is a brief posting, but I need to get back to Halo. It is my weekend!

No comments: