Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pat Green

Countdown is beginning. Tomorrow is PAT GREEN!!!!

Most of you who read about country know who this guy is. He got famous with “Wave on Wave” and almost went a little Dave Mathews on us. But, his old stuff is absolutely incredible. He is one of the first waves of TX country boys included among the likes of Cross Canadian Ragweed (CCR), Jason Bowland, Kevin Fowler, etc.

I can still remember sitting up in “The Den” & “Red Door” with Bradwin during “that” summer blasting the song “college” and “Everclear”. Those two songs definitely have a special place in my heart. Wow, I’m about to reminisce about reminiscing, but we used to reminisce in the “sports bar” about that summer and crank those songs with Plebe Carlson when we all lived in that room together. At the very least you have to listen to those two songs…

If those two songs don’t get you hooked, then please click the “X” at the top right of the screen. Maybe, if you are into a little more poppy stuff you could check out “Wave on Wave”, or if you are in a nostalgic relaxing mood put on a little “Dixie Lullaby”.

I just went to this site: http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/artist/Green,+Pat/a/Pat+Green.htm and you can click on the CD and view the songs. It’s interesting how much you forget about the old CDs when you haven’t listened to an artist in a while. This is an extensive list highlighted by the CD’s Lucky Ones, Three Days, Cannon Ball, Wave on Wave just going through it I was overwhelmed the amount of good songs he sings and then I came across “Live at Billy Bob’s” CD… It does not get any better than that.

So tomorrow at the Showbox tickets are $25 at the door. I’ll be cruising down there with the top off the bronco and blasting some “Good Time” by AJ. If you need a ride, give me a call and see if I’ve filled up all my seats yet, and I’ll see you there.

No comments: